Fox nuts (makhana) is an aquatic cash crop derived from lotus seeds dried and roasted on high flame and used as a teatime snack or added to desserts.
As a potent source of manganese, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, thiamine, essential amino acids, high fiber, and specific antioxidants like chlorogenic acid, gallic acid, and anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, and cytoprotective epicatechins.
Use efficacy for medical treatment
- As antioxidant used to for inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and inflammatory bowel disorders.
- Controls blood flow, detoxify spleen and regulate urination flushing out all the toxins from the body.
- Proteins and amino acids reduce the craving for food and regulate the appetite.
- Low sodium and fat content regulate the BP and promote heart health by reducing high cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Help regulate blood sugar levels because of low calorie and low glycemic index.
- During periods, makhana helps to keep those craving in check and helps in dealing with premenstrual symptoms. Ensure proper functioning of female genitals and boosts female reproductive health.
- Antioxidant keep the skin healthy and glowing and helps prevention of early aging.
- Being rich in fiber ensures the proper functioning of the digestive system and helps prevent constipation.
- Being rich in calcium it improves bone health and prevents degeneration of ossein and improves bone density.
- It contains kaempferol which prevents cerebral vascular disorders, and reduces the occurrence of atherosclerosis, thrombus formation, and embolism.
Makhana is rich in glutamine, arginine, cysteine, and methionine having anti-aging properties and supporting skin hydration and elasticity, and slowing the signs of aging. Lots of benefits of makhana are fast becoming popular in urban India. Go grab it.
2 thoughts on “Makhana or Fox nuts”
Itís hard to find well-informed people on this subject, but you seem like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes that will make the greatest changes. Many thanks for sharing!